Thursday, April 1, 2010

The Media.

When someone looks at the title itself they probably think, "How can you even BEGIN to cover a topic such as that?" Obviously I'm not going to drone on for days talking about the media BUT I am going to share some of my recent thoughts lately.

Tiger Woods
Gotta start off with him. As most of you know he is (or now, maybe WAS... I don't know) the highest paid athlete ever, including endorsements and what not. You have to wonder how someone who is SO famous can stay out of the negative light for virtually their whole career. I'm pretty sure I never once saw him on the front a tabloid... until that past few months, that is. Anywho, I'm almost not shocked by his behavior and 'transgressions' against his wife, Elin. <--- Is that how you spell her name?
Someone who is pretty much perceived as perfect all of a sudden gets dumped into the spotlight for a seemingly not important car crash and his life just unravels from there. Now, I don't particularly feel sorry for him for all the horrible things the media is doing to him and his relationships, I am strongly opposed to being unfaithful, but OMG ENOUGH ALREADY. I have to admit, I do read the headlines and if something catches my eye I might click on a link and indulge in the entertainment but I never believe any of that crap. And I think to myself "yayzus, leave these people alone already!" It would be nice for ONCE to hear something positive about a celebrity. But Americans are all about the smut, I suppose!

I laugh when I read US Weekly and I see the "Celebrities are just like us!" page... Look, it's [so-and-so] walking their dog, going shopping, playing with their kids, etc. Am I supposed to be impressed by that? Do something COOL like tight rope walk between sky scrapers... THEN I will be impressed.

Lindsay Lohan
She has been getting SLAMMED by the media for quite some time now. I feel bad for her. She was someone who got famous at a young age and her lifestyle just spiraled out of control. Now, she is suing e-trade for how many ever millions for their baby "milkaholic" commercial. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEXZ2hfD3bU They proclaim Lindsay is a common name and it was just a coincidence that they used it. I think not. What really made me want to write something about the media was something I saw on TV about her a few days ago or so. Paparazzi was following her (as always) and she tripped in her heels. And it was made into a HUGE deal. Wow, she fell. She is a normal person, we all bif it sometimes. And even if she was drunk, who cares? Famous people get wasted too. And if you could see some of the stupid drunken shenanigans my friends and I did in high school and even now in college... you would say, "LL ain't got shit on them." I know she is supposed to be recovering from drugs and alcohol, so hopefully for her sake she keeps her nose clean (haha pun intended?). But really guys, let's pick on someone else now.

Lastly... Teen pregnancy.
QUIT OVER-GLORIFYING BEING A PREGNANT TEENAGER. My god. It has become SUCH a trend from what I can tell, not only because the media just portrays it that way but also because I swear every time I get on facebook or talk to someone, I find out someone is pregnant. People just think "Oh, the government will pay for it" or "Oh, my parents will help me." What a good environment to raise your kid in! I'm not slamming people who get pregnant, I know shit happens. But the media is not helping the situation at all. They barely even show what unwed mothers have to go through, especially at such a young age. And then most of them live with their parents and mooch off of them... so it's not really painting the most realistic picture about what it's like to raise your kid, with NO help, except from your boyfriend/husband. Call me old fashioned, but I'd like to be financially sound and married (I know marriage isn't for everyone, btw) before I have kids. But on the other hand, I don't believe people should get married just because they are having a kid. Because if you don't love each other or aren't really ready for marriage, you will really just make the situation worse and cause a lot of problems for your child.


Okay, well I think that's enough rambling for now. But one last thing... No wonder why Middle Eastern countries think we are a disgustingly unmoral country! (but not to worry, you countries over there... we think you're pretty disgusting with how you treat women and your sadly corrupt government). That is all for tonight. Love ya'll and thanks for reading! =)

☮gretchen elizabeth

3 comments:

  1. If there is any incorrect grammar or spelling, I will correct it later.... I didn't go back and read it. ALSO it didn't post my link to the video so here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEXZ2hfD3bU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gretch, i love you blog. Blogging is such a good therapy without the cost. Atleast it is for me and I love it. and so far your blog is amazing. you'll find out that you can add "widgets" to your blog that allow people to see things like the weather and just random crap. it's neat. it's like your own lil website. anyways, happy blogging dear!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your writing style but not really what you are writing about...haha jk. but really humor me and see if you can pick a topic i will enjoy throughly!!

    ReplyDelete