Tuesday, June 1, 2010

pretty girl swag

It is... already June 1st! That just seems crazy to me! I feel like last summer was just yesterday. Sheesh. I have been super busy with work and various other tasks, so for that I am grateful. Yesterday I finally had a day off however... after 13 straight days of workin! hehe, but I love it and I need hours so I can't say much.
I had an amazing memorial day weekend and a SPLENDID day off with my man yesterday. I don't know if it could have been any more perfect!
So classes start in 6 days and I'm pretty excited. I don't know if that's just kinda creepy that I'm excited for SCHOOL but it will be two more classes to get out of the way. I hope they aren't super hard and time consuming like the last online class I took but it was a really hard web programming class sooooo these two gen. eds. shouldn't take too much of my soul, lol. The last day of classes is the day before we leave to go to Grand Lakes, Colorado for four days! Err, 3.5... whoo hoo!
So nothing crazy crazy around here. Some funny stuff happened at work but I feel it might be slightly inappropriate to put on here, haha. I got my last book in the mail today for classes now all I need to do is go get the discs from the bookstore. Can't do that until I get paid on Friday though because I'm literally broke. Uggh... and our ZVP was supposed to change my pay rate over a month ago and still hasn't... so let's just say work owes me a good chunk of money and I'm crossing my fingers that on Friday it will be fixed AND I will have my moolah by then! 'Cause I am in dire need.
Being broke pretty much sucks but I have it better than at least 80% of the world's population so how much can I really complain?
And I don't know why this just reminded me of this... but that damn oil spill. It literally is making me sick thinking about what damage it is causing and has already caused. I was looking at pictures from the oil spill the other day and I was teary-eyed. Those poor animals and ecosystems that have been killed and destroyed. It really is such a shame. I hope the U.S. can get their shit together and get this mess cleaned up STAT.
Well I better hop off my soap box and finish getting ready for work. See ya soon, friends!

☮gretchen elizabeth
my awesome catch on sunday haha

No comments:

Post a Comment