Sunday, April 7, 2013

A beautiful new direction

I originally started this blog as sort of a way to keep people updated and tell stories and what not. I decided to go in a little bit of a different direction, now. I will try to post at least once a week. I will be reviewing beauty products and giving tips, ideas, etc. The focus is pretty much what it says... simple. I might do a glittery whatever-a-bob every now and then. If you have any requests or suggestions PLEASE let me know. =) I may do food-related (healthy, of course) things every now and again as well. Please note, I am not paid to do these reviews nor am I doing this for the benefit of any company. It is just my own personal opinions, experiences, likes and dislikes!

Urban Decay Naked Skin Weightless Ultra Definition Liquid Makeup


I want to start off with this because I am so amazed and in love with this product. First of all, I want to say that I am thoroughly impressed with Urban Decay's makeup in general (so, there will be other UD reviews). I have combination skin that I consider to be pretty healthy and in good condition with an occasional breakout. I always cringe when I see liquid makeup because it usually makes my skin oily after a couple hours, breakout, or has way too much coverage. Not this stuff. Let me just point out the highlights for me:


1) It makes me feel like I'm wearing no makeup at all but makes my skin look flawless. What is also nice about this is if you want more coverage, you can 'build' it up. I am wearing a 2.0 right now and it is about the exact same color as my skin on my face. There is 18 shades to choose from so you really cannot go wrong. 


2) It does not make my skin oily or make me break out. What is not to love about that? On the other hand, it doesn't dry out my face either. It is like having a second skin. I put some on this morning (around 9:40 am) before going to the temple and went to work out at about 1 pm. It didn't run off my face, start looking all weird, get on my fingers/hands/clothes etc.; it stayed put and I guess I'll say it again, it was like I was not wearing makeup at all!


3) Skin benefits. It is infused with an anti-wrinkle peptide, Litchiderm (protective and brightening... it's pretty cool stuff!), green tea, and vitamins. It makes me feel better about what I am putting on my skin.


Overall, I would give this 5/5 stars. It is $39 at Sephora which seems expensive but I really think it is worth the buy. Plus, it is a big bottle and a little bit goes a long way with this stuff. I hope this was helpful. Please feel free to post questions or comments and I love suggestions about future products to review.


peace and love,


gretchen elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment