Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Guest Post: Costal Scents 88 Original Palette

If you are an eye-shadow fiend, you don't want to miss this! One of my good friends, Morgan, LOVES make-up and has an eye for the dramatic. Check out her guest post on SSB:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is by far my favorite item I have in my makeup collection. I’m now on my 2nd one and I cannot get enough of this eye shadow palette. I stumbled upon this gem when just looking at random YouTube videos and found the lovely Michelle Phan. Now, I’m not 100% sure if she still uses it because I don’t watch her videos as religiously as I once did, but I asked for it for Christmas after watching a ton of her videos and got it... most exciting gift I got since being a kid. I’ll hit some of the highlights on why I love this palette.

So many color options, from hot pinks, lime greens, vibrant blues, etc. for the person who wants to be more daring with their shadow choices... to a light nude with a small amount of shimmer for someone who likes to wear their makeup more subtly.

It lasts forever. I got the first palette for Christmas in 2009 and just ordered a new one this June. And I hadn’t even used the whole thing. Granted, I have found substitutes for the colors I loved the most but I still needed to refresh all the other colors I hadn’t blown through.

It’s insanely affordable and they have sales constantly. My mom was the one who got the first one and she said it was only $18. $18 for 88 colors?! Oh yea. And when I went to order it in June it was on sale for half off, ended up getting it for only $9. There is no way you can beat the price for what you get.

Colors stay vibrant even without an eye primer. I use one myself but before I got into using an eye primer the colors stayed all day long and with the primer they stay even better and don’t crease. Creasing is inevitable without the proper bases but the colors don’t crease so evidently, so it’s hardly noticeable.

My general rating of this has got to be 5/5. Only down side is I ran though my favorite colors ultra-quick but I was able to find substitutes very easily or you can order the individual colors on their site. when you use up your faves.

If anyone else has used it or tried it, I have got to hear what your thoughts are. It is easily the cheapest shadow palette around for the amount of shadow you get.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think this sounds awesome! I am in love with that price point and how long-lasting it is. Look for more hot guest posts from Morgan. In the meantime, if you want to contact her, email her here and check out her Instagram: 'gingerrkidd00.' =)



gretchen elizabeth

Please note, I am not paid to do these reviews nor am I doing this for the benefit of any company. It is just my own personal opinions, experiences, likes and dislikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment