Sunday, July 21, 2013

Resource 'Sundays': Beauty Blogs

I apologize for this being delayed. Friday was a busy, busy whirlwind of a day for me. I got engaged on Friday and so I was in lala land for the whole last part of the day... just so happy! Anyway, for this Resource Friday post (yes, I know today is Sunday) I wanted to share some fellow beauty bloggers who have blogs/sites that I quite enjoy.

1) A Model Recommends: Just what it sounds like, pretty much. A beauty blog from a model's perspective. An intelligent and educated model, at that. She has the inside scoop on a lot of new, amazing products and some tricks of the biz. She also talks fashion, which is a bonus. I really enjoy reading her articles and getting ideas of new products to try and skin care tips. She even has some tutorial videos and 'vlog' posts. This blog is definitely a keeper!

2) Refinery29: This is maybe more regular website-like and there are various topics besides beauty. However, that seems to be the focus. I am sure a lot of you know about this one since this is a pretty popular and well-known site. I enjoy their reviews of easy-to-obtain drugstore products and quick & easy hair ideas. But of course, there is a lot about this site that I like. A lot of the ideas I see are things I feel like I can actually do, which is a HUGE plus for me since I am sort of 'challenged' in that way. Check this one out, for sure.

3) Cult of Pretty: This one is so neat, I love the concept. There are a TON of brands on here that I have never heard of, and I love that. I am all about discovering awesome, not-as-well-known products. What is great is she also talks about all products... drugstore, department store, and "no store," as she calls it. Her blog has a fun and artistic layout that always keeps me entertained. If you are wanting to find new products or learn something specific about a product, this is where you want to be.

4) I Covet Thee: What  I like about this site is how personal it feels. I feel like I could hang out with Alix and already know her a little bit after looking around on her site and reading some blogs. Her Instagram is interesting and she even posts food pictures, which a lot of you know I am a closet food journalist (haha). You can look through her product directory if you are looking for something in particular or just scroll through her home page to read her latest blogs. You can't go wrong.

5) August Skin: This one is really fun. She is an up-and-coming blogger and I love her articles. She is what I am working to be someday. She seems to write about a lot of things that I am curious about or things I think I would write about. One of my favorite things about her blog is her writing style. It is really beautifully done and it really clicks with me. Out of all of these blogs, this one is probably my favorite but I think all the other ones are fab and you should totally check them out too. 

Hope you enjoy some of these blogs! =)


gretchen elizabeth

Please note, I am not paid to do these reviews nor am I doing this for the benefit of any company. It is just my own personal opinions, experiences, likes and dislikes!



Picture from Refinery29's latest article. Read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment